TECHNICAL CONSULTING SERVICES
GECo offers the following consulting servicesFull Resume
- CEQA/NEPA Environmental Assessment
- Project Management
- Geologic and Hydrologic Analysis
Principal Professional ResponsibilitiesMr. Grassetti is an environmental planner with 30 years of experience in environmental impact analysis, hydrologic and geologic assessment, project management, and regulatory compliance. He is a recognized expert on California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) processes, and has served as an expert witness on CEQA and planning issues. Mr. Grassetti regularly conducts peer review and QC/QA for all types of environmental impact analyses, and works frequently with public agencies, citizens groups, and applicants. He has managed the preparation of over 50 CEQA and NEPA documents, as well as numerous local agency planning and permitting documents. Mr. Grassetti has prepared over 200 hydrologic, geologic, and other technical analyses for CEQA and NEPA documents. He has analyzed the environmental impacts of a wide range of projects including ecological restoration projects, waste management projects, mixed-use developments, infrastructure improvements, energy development, military base reuse projects, and recreational facilities throughout the western U.S. In addition to his consulting practice, Mr. Grassetti regularly conducts professional training workshops on CEQA and NEPA compliance, and is a lecturer at California State University, East Bay, where he teaches courses on environmental impact assessment, among others.
University of Oregon, Eugene, Department of Geography, M.A., Geography
(Emphasis on Fluvial Geomorphology and Water Resources Planning), 1981.
University of California, Berkeley, Department of Geography, B.A.,
Physical Geography, 1978.
1992-Present Principal, GECo Environmental Consulting, Berkeley, CA
1994-Present Adjunct Professor, Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, California State University, Hayward, CA
- Management and preparation of all types of environmental impact assessment and documentation for public agencies, applicants, citizens groups, and attorneys
- Peer review of environmental documents for technical adequacy and regulatory compliance
- Expert witness services
- Assisting clients in CEQA and NEPA process compliance
- Preparation of hydrologic and geologic analyses for EIRs and EISs
- Preparation of project feasibility, opportunities, and constraints analyses, and mitigation monitoring and reporting plans